Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Ovarian pain? Uterus pain?

By Anonymous February 11, 2015 - 5:30pm
Rate This


A year ago, I had to have an emergency c-section to deliver my baby (as I was planning on a vaginal birth). After having the surgery, I have been getting these sharp ("ice-pick like) pains randomly, but frequent enough to make me concerned.

The pain is inside, I feel it either in my ovaries or uterus, and when it happens, I can't even walk.

I have shared this with my OB/GYN (the same doctor who delivered my baby) and he pretty much dismissed my symptoms by telling me that my body changed because I had a baby and now I will feel differently.

I was so shocked to hear that! Seriously! He was not interested in what I was telling him. He interrupted me while I was telling him how concerned I am that I am getting these jolting pains, and I can't even walk sometimes.

So, my question is: Is there a name for these "symptoms"? or should I be addressing this differently with the doctor? and if so, how?

Please help!
Much thanks!

Add a CommentComments

There are no comments yet. Be the first one and get the conversation started!

Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.