Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Pain while trying to have sex

By Anonymous October 24, 2012 - 7:05pm
Rate This

Hi, I have been with my boyfriend for over four years. All this time we have not had sex. I used tampons a couple times then when i tried removing one once it hurt so bad I never used them again. We have tried multiple times, but as soon as he puts his penis I, I lose my sex drive, I'm scared for what's to come, because in the past it has hurt so bad when we have tried. It's really taking a toll on our relationship and I want to be able to do this. Anyone have the same experience or have any ideas. Someone said take vicodin beforehand, which I am willing to do at this poing.

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  The medical term for painful intercourse is dyspareunia.  Painful intercourse can occur for a variety of reasons — ranging from structural problems to psychological concerns. Many women experience painful intercourse at some point in their lives.You need to make an appointment with your doctor or OBGYN, so you can discuss your symptoms.



October 25, 2012 - 3:47am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Sexual Health

Get Email Updates

Resource Centers

Related Checklists

Sexual Health Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!