Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

pls how can i treat or get rid of pubic shaving rashes?

By Anonymous October 19, 2011 - 1:34am
Rate This

i have some rashes on my pubic area and i think they are shaving rashes, what should i use for them. i also want 2 knw if its really what i think or somthing else, so pls tel me, how long do they stay? thank you

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anon,

Sorry to hear about your razor burn! Shaving down there can be quite the task. To rid yourself of the nasty rash, apply witch hazel (for its healing properties), then hydrocortisone cream (to reduce swelling and itching) to the area once a day. If that doesn't work, see a doctor so she can determine if you have an infection.

If you notice any drainage or foul odor, see your doctor before applying anything to the area since you may already have an infection.



October 19, 2011 - 3:58am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Skin Rash

Get Email Updates

Skin Rash Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!