By Anonymous November 3, 2016 - 5:21am

I had my mirena removed in June .i went back to having my normal cycle right after for July ,August,and September coming the last week of each month. I have not recieved my period for October yet . I took a test earlier this week but it was negative? I have been having unprotected sex.

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to our community with your situation.

Repeat the home pregnancy test. Be sure to purchase a name brand product, even an early response test, and check the expiration date. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you wake up and first use the bathroom.

Next. contact your gynecologist. A positive result and you will need to start prenatal care. A negative result and you will need to find out why you have missed a period.

Please keep us updated.