Facebook Pixel

String like skin across vagina?

By July 14, 2012 - 1:20pm
Rate This

Okay so I'm a virgin, but all my friends are sexually active so i thought if i am soon i want to know if i'm normal, so i just looked down there to see if i was normal but there is a string like piece of skin going across my vagina, is this normal for a virgin? and if not how do i fix it? i don't want to be embarrassed on my first sexual encounter!

Add a Comment2 Comments

thanks, does this mean i have a septate hymen? and if so is it normal?

July 15, 2012 - 10:53am
EmpowHER Guest

Hi Alicia,

No need to worry, if you are a virgin this is your hymen. You can read more information about it here http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/hymen.html.

I hope this helps.


July 15, 2012 - 6:30am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Sex & Relationships

Get Email Updates

Resource Centers

Sex & Relationships Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!