Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

is there treatment for wall thinken of the gallblager

By Anonymous October 15, 2012 - 9:19pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER. Acute cholecystitis usually requires hospitalization. You need antibiotics given intravenously (into a vein) to treat infection and medications to control symptoms of nausea and abdominal pain. Once your pain lessens or goes away, there are no signs of infection, and you are able to drink and eat, you will be able to go home to continue your recovery. Alternatively, your doctor may wish you to stay in the hospital until you have surgery to remove your gallbladder.

Chronic cholecystitis requires the removal of the gallbladder surgically.

Gallstones in the Common Bile Duct should be removed, to prevent blockage to the flow of bile, and possible cholangitis or pancreatitis.  You will need to discuss with your doctor on choosing the right treatment for you.



October 16, 2012 - 4:15am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Gallstones Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!