Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

what is the best way to correct information in your medical record and to review it so it is correct?

By Anonymous November 14, 2011 - 9:46pm
Rate This

I do not always see important information too

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anonymous,

By law, you have the right to ask for and correct your medical records.

To get your records, ask your doctor and they can proceed to give you a form to fill out and can charge you for this at their own discretion (make sure you ask). Once you have made the request, it may take anywhere from 1 week to 2 months for you to receive your records.

From there you can make amendments to your record and here is the full list of steps to do so: http://patients.about.com/od/yourmedicalrecords/a/howtocorrect.htm

I hope this helps answer your questions,


November 15, 2011 - 4:56am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.