Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What Hormone Levels should I have checked?

By Anonymous December 9, 2011 - 7:52am
Rate This

I'm 34 years old, suffering from infertility and I dont know if my hormone levels have been checked or what they are? I'd like to ask my Dr for this information but I'm not sure what to ask?
Thank you

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for posting! You don't have to feel the burden to ask your doctor for specific tests. Once you see your doctor and let him/her know about your fertility issues, then s/he will either run the appropriate tests herself (assuming that you have been actively trying to conceive for over a year) or s/he will refer you to a specialist. 

The first test performed by your fertility specialists involves measuring your follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) to establish a baseline. This is performed on the third day of your cycle and performed on your first visit. 

Then, in other visits, you may have your LH surge tested, an ultrasound, cervical mucus tests, and other hormone tests. It's an extensive process-- so try to be as patient as possible and see your doctor as soon as you can.

Best of luck to you!


December 9, 2011 - 8:43am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Infertility / Fertility

Get Email Updates

Infertility / Fertility Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!