Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

what other term would someone confuse with colonscopy

By Anonymous March 23, 2011 - 8:58pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anonymous,
Thanks for your question, and for finding EmpowHER. The term colonoscopy refers to a colorectal examination in which a tube is inserted in the rectum and passed through the large intestine, looking for signs of abnormality such as disease, or polyps.
A colposcopy is a bit different. It is a vaginal exam where a light (colposcope) is used to visually inspect the vagina and cervix. It commonly is performed following an abnormal pap smear. Here is more information about that: Colposcopy
I think those are the words you may have been thinking of. If not, let us know how else we may be able to help you.

March 24, 2011 - 6:49am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.