Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

when should I go get seen for breast pains?

By Anonymous February 6, 2015 - 11:07pm
Rate This

Been having stabbing pains and a burning sensation in both my breast ...

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello, and thank you for sharing your question.

A condition call Costochondritis most accurately describes what you may be experiencing.  It is a sharp pain that feels like it is in the breasts but originates in the ribs and chest area.  It can occur because of bad posture or aging and people who experience it also describe a burning sensation as you did.

The best thing to do for Costochondritis is to take over the counter inflammation reducers such as Ibuprofen, Advil, or Motrin.  You can also apply heat or ice to relieve symptoms. Stay away from contact sports.

Turmeric is also a great for reducing inflammation.  It is a root that you can buy in many forms including: whole at the grocery store, pill form, or powder form.

I hope this helps.


February 7, 2015 - 11:30am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Breast Pain

Get Email Updates

Breast Pain Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!