1. Besides helping me stay in shape, one of the best things I do to de-stress and let go of any tension is a long distance run. There is nothing more than being by myself (with my ipod of course) whether it’s around the local neighborhood block or along the coast in Miami. Going the distance in solitary really puts me in a Zen state of mind and allows me to clear up my mind.
2. Stretch, stretch, stretch! I’ve found that regular stretching before, during and after my cardio workouts really improves my overall tone. I look more firm and toned versus neglecting to stretch. This doesn’t take much time at all and really improves my shape.
3. I go into a sauna at least twice a week, every week of the year. Detoxing from the inside out is absolutely essential as all our bodies get clogged up sometimes with toxins. Besides the detoxing aspect, it’s so relaxing!
4. I was introduced to the blood type diet and found that it really makes a difference in not only the way I look but the way I feel. I have so much more energy and feel refreshed in the morning when I limit the amount of meat I eat. I opt out of eating meats and instead choose to have a delicious vegetarian dish or fish like salmon, trout or herring.
5. A clove of garlic once a day, every day. My trick is to chop up the clove of garlic very fine and avoid the bad breath that normally comes with eating garlic. Another quick trick is to add parsley to the garlic to avert any slinkiness. I started eating a clove of garlic a day years ago and I really see the difference in my body’s increased metabolic rate. Even with my occasional late night snacks of sweets I do not gain a single pound. It’s also a great way to keep the doctor away!
6. I start of every meal with a hot cup of water with a lemon squeezed in. I notice that when I drink a few cups before a meal I feel fuller before I even lift the fork.
7. I eat a quarter of a cup of red onions four times a week. Besides the anti-carcinogenic benefits I also find them very tasty. I add onion to almost every dish I can, whether it’s an omelet in the morning or to my afternoon salad, they are absolutely essential in my meals!
8. I make sure that my largest meal of the day is lunch. It get’s me through the rest of the day without any urges to splurge on junk food.
9. When I go out for a night on the town, I drink a full glass of either grounded up flax seeds or pyllium husks to absorb wine and fat.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.