There has to be something that controls and prevents the symptoms from reaching its peak. If I go with the doctor’s prescription, you can get all the drugs to help alleviate your symptoms. But as a health educator and a health specialist, I can do much more than prescribing tablets and capsules. I can help you alleviate your symptoms without having you take any pill. Just follow the guidelines below to reap your natural benefits. These are tried and tested techniques that will give you more independence during “those days” than ever! Here is what you should do…
1. After your cycle is over, check your weight. Eat moderately. Your best bet is on fruits and vegetables. Try to eat them as much as you can. Munch all day on it. For a month, try getting the refined carbs and fatty foods out of your diet. You need to have control over yourself and the only way to do it is to understand yourself better. This is your chance! Don’t lose it!
2. Do moderate or light exercises. For a start, try jogging for 10 minutes in the morning and if you ever feel like doing more, extend the duration. Try doing this at least 3-4 times a week.
3. To be psychologically stable and prevent yourself from going cuckoo for the next two weeks, concentrate on the activities you love to do the most. This can be gardening, reading a book, or even listening to music. Reading a book is just a relief for me when my hormones are in a fix!
4. Try meditating at least 10 minutes a day to have a fresh mind.
5. When you are in your menstrual days, try to eat as many dark fruits and vegetables as you can. My choices are tomatoes, beetroot, and apples. Dark fruits and vegetables are rich in iron. During these days, our red blood cell count is low and a reduction in the RBC’s usually results in mood swings. All women need Iron.
6. Massage your lower abdomen a week before your menstrual date with olive oil. It relieves abdominal pains as well as makes you feel better.
7. Reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake.
8. Your sweet tooth is back! It always happens a week before your regular menstruation begins. You think that all you need is a chocolate bar to satisfy your cravings!