11) “I can tag along as a plus one to all of the really cool holiday work parties with the other single people.”
Sandy Arons, a certified divorce financial analyst, shared some humorous bonuses to being single during the holidays:
12) “Don’t have to feel bad when he does not invite me to his office party, or go to a party that is utterly painful.”
13) “Don’t have to visit his family and deal with their holiday traditions. (I have mine and they are wonderful.)”
14) “I can watch those silly Christmas specials on TV without interruption.”
15) “I don’t have to deal with his emotional breakdown. I have a full-time job just keeping it together.”
Dana Lin, a freedom coach and co-founder for ZenLife, enjoys being a single mom of two daughters during the holidays for many reasons, including the following:
16) “No need to worry about your partner’s drinking habit or bad table manners at family functions.”
17) “No one else to please but yourself! That means you can buy new lingerie for yourself, take yourself to a spa day, pamper yourself - all for yourself, you don’t need to get all groomed and dressed up for anyone else but you!”
What are your favorite perks to being single during the holidays? Share in the comments below.
Rosas Anastasiou, Christina. Email interview. December 1, 2014.
Howell, Rochelle. Email interview. December 1, 2014.
Kip, Annie. Email interview. December 1, 2014.
Angel, Ahyiana. Email interview. December 1, 2014.
Arons, Sandy. Email interview. December 1, 2014.
Lin, Dana. Email interview. December 1, 2014.
Reviewed December 2, 2014
by Michele Blacksberg RN
Edited by Jody Smith