• Primarily is provided in a one-to-one or small group setting (low ratio) for up to 40 hours per week
• Is delivered by a trained behavior therapist, supervised by a psychologist
• Includes "learning to learn" behaviors through imitation, co-operation and attention
• Is designed to prepare students for school
1. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Web. April 15, 2013.
2. Autism Spectrum Disorders Treatment. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Web. Apr 15, 2013.
3. Autism Services. KidsAbility Centre for Child Development. Web. April 15, 2013.
4. What is IBI and is it the same as ABA? Geneva Centre for Autism. Web. April 15, 2013.
5. Applied Behavior Analysis. AutismUnited.org. Web. April 15, 2013.
Reviewed April 15, 2013
by Michele Blacksberg RN
Edited by Jody Smith