Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply

Dear anonymous,

I am so sorry that you have been through this horrific situation, and are still struggling to get away from your harasser and attacker.

Yes, you have many options available to you, and it depends on which state you live in. You can view the "Statues of Limitation" website by clicking here: http://www.rainn.org/public-policy/sexual-assault-issues/state-statutes-of-limitations.

Please feel free to send me a individual message (click on my hyperlinked name), and tell me what state you live in, and I can provide you with more specific information. For example, I live in a more "conservative" state, and the "sexual assault" limitation is 10 years; it depends how the rape or assault is defined.

Please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE.
They can provide you with information, support and guidance on your next steps, and help women in your situation. They can help you through the criminal justice system, refer you to local resources, and much more.

Are you in a safe place right now? Do you know where your local women's shelter is located? If you are in immediate danger, please do not hesitate to call 911.

There is also a National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN) at 1.800.656.HOPE, and they say, "who should use the hotline? Victims of sexual assault (whether their attack took place today or decades ago)".
You can also use the online hotline: http://apps.rainn.org/ohl-bridge/

Here is information about domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, including drugs used for sexual assault:
- What is Domestic Violence?". Many of these statements/indicators of abuse you mentioned in your post.
- Am I Being Abused?
- Types of Sexual Assault. Partner Rape is defined as, "sexual acts committed without a person's consent and/or against a person's will when the perpetrator is the individual's current partner (married or not), previous partner, or co-habitator." I would like to add that "against a person's will" and "without consent" also includes being drugged, as you are unable to give consent when you are under the influence of alcohol and other drugs.

Please let us know if this information helps, and if you need any additional information or support.

June 7, 2009 - 8:41pm


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy