Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply

Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Anon - It could be a number of things. Abrasions can occur from scratches to the surface of the cornea, ulterations occur from infections or abrasions. Please review the article referenced above for more specific information. Since the injured area is getting larger you should see an eye care specialist for treatment. Until you are able to get care please be careful not to rub your eye as this could make the condition worse. Corneal abrasions and ulcerations are typically treated with antibiotic eye drops or eye ointment and, in some cases, pain medication. Please let us know how you do, and good luck! Pat

May 17, 2010 - 5:26pm


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy