Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply

HERWriter (reply to Poppie)


I'm not a doctor, so I can't really advise you as to what you should do. It sounds like that doctors know what they're doing. There isn't a lot of information out there on this condition. It took me a while to find material to write the article from.

It's not an easy decision in any situation whether to agree to a procedure or not. There are always risks.

You haven't mentioned their prognosis for her with or without the procedure, but I'm sure that's been discussed. I, for one, would much rather know that I did all I could, rather than run the risk of wondering what else I could have done later.

I don't envy you your decision. Hopefully she will continue to respond well to the corticosteroids and come Thursday surgery won't be necessary.


September 21, 2010 - 11:42am


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy