Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply

I am so sorry you are having these symptoms!

To answer your question, yes...anything is "possible", but most likely the explanation might be something more simple: like a migraine. However, since you have this particular medical condition in your family, it is important to advocate for your health.

You have been to the E.R. repeatedly, but it is now time to find a doctor whom you can build a good, consistent rapport with. The E.R. doctors are going to treat emergency situations; they are not going to be your doctor for ongoing support, medical exams or treatment.

Please call the E.R. medical records department, and acquire copies of all of your lab tests. Then, make an appointment with your regular doctor, and ask for a referral to a specialist.

The symptoms you describe can also be a migraine (they are debilitating), but can be many other conditions as well. You can also take care of your health and quit smoking, as well as learn to manage your stress. Please let us know if you need help finding resources in your area for quitting smoking or stress management (the E.R. you have been going to would be a good place to start).

Please keep us updated, and let us know when you have made an appointment with your regular doctor, after having all copies of your medical records from the E.R. in-hand.

August 28, 2011 - 5:28am


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy