Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply


Hello, Anon! Thank you for your message!

A doctor or other medical professional can determine whether you have earwax blockage by looking in your ear with an instrument that lights and magnifies your inner ear (otoscope). Excess wax can be removed by using a small, curved instrument called a curet or by using suction while inspecting the ear. Your doctor can also flush out the wax using a water pick or a rubber-bulb syringe filled with warm water.

I don't advise trying to dig out excessive or hardened earwax on your own. You may push the wax farther into your ear and worsen the blockage or damage the lining of your ear canal or eardrum.


January 26, 2019 - 3:47pm


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy