Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have been on and off, more on than off, of my period for the last 10 months.

By Anonymous October 27, 2011 - 6:41pm
Rate This

I know I have fibroids, they have done an endometrial biopsy which came back normal. I have been on the Depo shot and progesterone. The next step is a D&C.

Add a Comment1 Comments

Did your doctor tell you the medical term for prolonged periods? It is called "hypermenorrhea", and will help you search for information related to this condition. You can review this page for comments from other women experiencing prolonged periods, as well as treatment options at: EmpowHER Condition: hypermenorrhea.

Do you have any questions about D&C specifically? If so, you can start reading about this procedure (very common procedure!) that another women experienced at: Gina shares her D&C procedure (Video).

Lastly, you might be interested in learning more about uterine fibriods, including alternative treatments, causes and expert advice: Uterine Fibroids

Let us know if you need any additional information!

October 27, 2011 - 7:30pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Hypermenorrhea Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!