These factors increase your chance of developing postpartum depression. Tell your doctor if you have any of these risk factors:
- Previous episode of depression or postpartum depression
- Family member with depression
- History of severe premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Lack of support system and/or strained relationship with partner
- History of anxiety disorder
Central Nervous System
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2020 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.