The 10 Most Important Yoga Poses for Beginners
If you are new to yoga, there are several postures that are necessary for you to learn so you can feel comfortable in a class or practicing in your own at home. We all start somewhere, and no matter what your body is comfortable doing, use your judgment to decide on your perfect posture.
If you're experienced with yoga, it's likely that you'll already have the basic poses down. If you're not, then it's important to find the poses that are most comfortable for you and learn them first.
According to YogaBasics.com, here are the 10 most important yoga poses for beginners:
1. Cat and Cow (Marjaiasana / Bitilasana)
2. Easy Pose (Sukasana)
3. Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
4. Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
5. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
6. Crescent Lunge Pose (Utthita Ashwa Sanchalanasana)
7. Triangle Pose (Utthita Trikonasana)
8. Plank Pose (Kumbhakasana)
9. Child’s Pose (Balasana)
10. Corpse Pose (Shavasana)