Some of us have been shaving for decades. Our mothers and fathers taught us while going through puberty or maybe we learned from a friend. Heck, these days there are probably YouTube videos out there!
Yet some of us are so confused and lost when it comes to shaving. We can’t seem to get the closest shave and end up getting intense razor burn.
Next time you shave, follow these tips for a smoother experience and shave.
1. Exfoliate: Scrub away with a sugar scrub. This will help get rid of dead skin cells and will result in a smoother shave.
2. Get your legs wet first: Legs should be wet and the skin softened for at least two to three minutes prior to shaving.
3. Research the best razor for you: Try a few out! Everyone is different and has a different hair texture. This might take a trial and error period but this is a good way to get the smoothest skin possible.
4. Avoid certain ingredients: A lot of shaving creams say, “For Sensitive Skin”, but this is not true. Brands can claim whatever they want on their packaging. It is very loosely regulated. Avoid certain ingredients such as menthol and alcohol.
If you have known skin allergies or are looking for a top-allergy free shaving cream, make sure to check out www.skinsafeproducts.com to find the best products for your skin.
5. Buy a fresh razor: Don’t use a dull blade. They are usually disposable to make sure you actually dispose of them! When using a new razor, make sure to start slow and be cautious to avoid pricking yourself.
6. Stay Away from your man’s razor: While this may sound like a good idea since their hair can be very coarse, the thing about men’s razors is that they are specifically made for their hair growth characteristics. They can be too harsh on women’s skin.
7. Shave downward and upwards: Many of us have heard to not shave against the grain but sometimes doing both these motions can help achieve the smoothest legs.
8. Pat them down & moisturize: Once you are finished, pat your legs dry and massage in moisturizer.