Areola Changes?

So for a few days, I have noticed that my areolas have become a bit darker, my left one especially. I'm on the pill and I've been on it for a year and a half. I switched brands three months ago. I at first worried that I was pregnant (as I'm in college and play sports and can't afford for that to happen). I had had sex the last week of April but made sure there was no ejaculation inside or near me. I had a normal period a week later, albeit a little heavy and long. I haven't felt off in any way since then. I was due for my period and messed up on one of my pills by taking it two hours late, and my body is sensitive to that. I got btb the next two days. Then I didn't get my period, only little drops of it for a few days. I haven't felt off. I'm eating normally and my breasts are not tender. I feel fine. But I don't understand why my areolas are getting darker. Could I possibly be pregnant, somehow or someway? Or is it my pill affecting me? Thank you!

Hi, Anon.

Thank you for your post.

Darker areola (besides pregnancy) might be a sign of a hormone imbalance or just the normal fluctuation of your body as it travels through the menstrual cycle.
If you are still concerned, take a test for peace of mind.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide