Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Been on my period for 2 weeks she I be afraid

By Anonymous July 17, 2015 - 7:07pm
Rate This

Should I worry about my period I am 40 and I think my body is going threw a change should I see a doctor

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello and thank you for sharing your question.
Yes, you should definitely see a doctor right away. Prolonger bleeding or, bleeding for more than 7 days, can signify something simple such as hormonal imbalances or something more serious such as dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
In order the identify the cause you may need a pap smear/pelvic exam. Do not allow your doctor to dismiss the problem.

July 18, 2015 - 10:55am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!