By Anonymous February 4, 2017 - 12:50pm

I had breast cancer 2/14. Stopped having periods when I started chemo 4/14. Started on Tamoxifen 4/15. Developed pulmonary embolism 9/16 due to Tamoxifen and started on blood thinner. I had a little bit of spotting over the last year, but very light. Started on Arimidex in October. Doctor concerned about spotting so I had a vaginal ultrasound. Showed thickening of uterine lining 1.7mm. Started a rather heavy period on 2/2. Is it possible that I am not through menopause yet? I am 53.

Hi, Anon.

Thanks for reaching out to our community.

Given your health status, your doctor would be the best one to advise you on this, but it might be possible. Typically, a woman has to go 12 consecutive months with no bleeding to be considered done.

Menopause Guide