Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Can I have children.

By Anonymous October 9, 2013 - 7:07pm
Rate This

I am 18 and have had my period since I was 14 but I haven't had my period for 5 months and befor that I had it for 3 days and I didn't have it for 7 months them. I get extreme pains were my period cramps should be but the are ao much worse than what I get when I'm on my period. I'm a vergin and don't know what to do. Will I be able to have kids?.

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for your question.  Anon, sometimes it's normal at your age to have irregular periods.  But, since you have skipped so many months, it would be good to see your doctor, such as a OBGYN.  Many other conditions, such as Endometriosis, ovarian cysts and many other can cause changes to a woman's cycle as well.  If you were to have any of these conditions and they are left untreated, they can cause fertility problems later on.  

Was this information helpful?



October 10, 2013 - 3:48am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!