Frequently have ear infections

I have had 4 ear infections in the past three months in my left ear. I went to the doctor and he gave me drops and told me to apply heat. He said it was definitely infected.This helped for awhile. Now I have a broken tooth on the same side and it is abscessed. Could this be connected to my ear problems? And should I get on antibiotics before I get it extracted? Hopefully if I get it pulled that will eliminate my ear infections. My glands are swollen also. No sore throat, but it seems all the infections are on the left side.

Hi, Anon.

Thank you for writing today.

This might be affecting your ear. The oral surgeon will likely put you on antibiotics after pulling the tooth if it needs to be extracted.

Dental & Oral Health

Dental & Oral Health Guide