Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

hello dear,

By Anonymous June 8, 2011 - 7:17am
Rate This

I am an Iranian, master student in Biotechnology. I am going to get divorce right in the court of Iran (because women don’t have a right for divorce in Iran). Also, I am not virgin because I had full sex with my husband because his name is in my ID card as my husband, and we passed the engage ceremony. While, the tradition in Iran is like this that you have to have a full sex (for removing virgin) in a special night when you treat all your friends and families for dinner. Now, my parents think that I am virgin, and I can’t tell them my problem, if my father knows, he will kill me. The other thing is if I didn’t say my parents, for my next marriage I will have so many problems, because it’s really important for men in Iran to get marriage with who is virgin or not. So, I really confused, and my husband also knows that I have this problem in front, so he doesn’t come to court and always he says: get divorce if you can. Please kindly, guide me is there any institute to support me and i seek refuge in that place? Getting lawyer need money and also they say you have to announce in the court that you are not virgin.

Add a CommentComments

There are no comments yet. Be the first one and get the conversation started!

Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Divorce & Separation

Get Email Updates

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!