Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

How do I help find housing for a homeless man who is claustrophobic to the point he can not be in buildings?

By Anonymous July 8, 2010 - 6:38pm
Rate This

Floyd is a sixty –five year old man. He has been homeless for the past fifteen years and suffers from extreme claustrophobia to the point where he cannot handle being inside of a building. Floyd’s health is declining rapidly and he recognizes that he can no longer be homeless, but has a severe panic attack whenever he enters a building. How do you help him?

Add a Comment1 Comments

This is wonderful that you are wanting to help someone else who is in need of your help.

There are several organizations that you can call and talk with someone who is an expert in this area, and ask for their assistance to guide you to the best possible solutions:
- National Alliance to End Homelessness: Solutions
- Homelessness Resource Center. This is an important first step, as Floyd may need mental health treatment for his claustrophobia and panic attacks. Both of these conditions are treatable.
- US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

I would love to hear what you find out from the above resources!

July 8, 2010 - 7:54pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Claustrophobia Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!