Facebook Pixel

How to talk to professionals about conversion disorder?

By December 10, 2011 - 12:10am
Rate This

So I had a doctor diagnose me with conversion disorder a little over 2 years ago. My new doctor doesn't believe in conversion disorder. I still have issues with it. i don't know how to address it with her without her thinking I'm insane. I printed out some information off the Internet about it. I think everyone who's diagnosed with TIA's are wrong it's really this disorder.

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Poetic Princess,

Thank you for your question and welcome to EmpowHer. If you disagree with your physician, you do have the option to pick a new treating physician. Perhaps this is a better option rather than trying to convince your current physician. I hope this helps.


December 10, 2011 - 10:19am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Conversion Disorder

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Conversion Disorder Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!