Hurts to walk On my left heel and the back of my

I feel the back of my foot by my heel is really tender and it hurts to walk on it. What can this be caused by? I stand all day at work. Could it be the shoe that I'm wearing?

Hi, Anon.

Thank you for writing.

Heel pain is not usually caused by a single injury, such as a twist or fall, but rather the result of repetitive stress and pounding of the heel. So standing all day could very well be the cause. If the pain persists think about getting new shoes or inserts to relieve the pressure on your foot (heel) or see your doctor for an evaluation.