Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Husband having memory and speech problems.

By Anonymous September 5, 2019 - 8:44am
Rate This

My husband is showing signs of Dementia and he is 62 yes old. I am scared. Don’t have any friends, or family of which I can rely on. Just overwhelmed now. Our relationship has not been good for awhile and now this. Feel like I am going crazy mentally with this new development in our lives. Where can I go for support and help?

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing!

I am sorry you and your husband are going through such a challenging time. Dementia is a very frightening thing to face (from all sides), if this is what is going on.

To start, you need to get your husband to his doctor. He needs an evaluation by his doctor and if applicable, then on to a doctor specializing in dementia. This could be a neurologist, a geriatric psychiatrist or neuropsychologist - or a combination. Start with his primary care doctor first.

While he may seem like he has dementia - he may not. Don't diagnose him. Please have him have a full physical and mental evaluation first.

Please keep us posted.


September 5, 2019 - 1:36pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Adult Living

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!