Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

i am 15 years old.I hqve periods for more than 7 days and after every two weeks.what to do plz help...

By Anonymous February 6, 2016 - 7:47pm
Rate This


Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
Any time you have frequent or prolonged bleeding you need to see a gynecologist. It could be caused by something simple such as hormonal imbalances or something more serious. Possible causes can include but are not limited to:
--uterine polyps, cysts or fibroids
--thyroid problems
--sexually transmitted infections
Most of the time doctors recommend taking birth control pills to regulate the periods. However, it is always a good idea to have a pap smear to make sure nothing more serious is going on.
Below I have pasted a link which lists more possible causes.
I hope that helps.

February 7, 2016 - 9:55am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!