Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I am trying to find a Dr. who specializes in paraplegic care

By Anonymous December 29, 2010 - 11:47pm
Rate This

My grandson who is 21 and was shot 7 times and is now paralized from the waist down needs a dr who understands his needs. please contact me if you can help. I live in Fresno and need to get some help for him.

Add a Comment1 Comments

I am so sorry about your grandson, and it is wonderful that you are helping him to find resources.

The doctor your grandson needs to start with is most likely a Physiatrist. Here is the website: http://www.aapmr.org/condtreat/what.htm.

There are seven doctors listed in Fresno:

Here is some great information from the Mayo Clinic, too: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/spinal-cord-injury/DS00460

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

December 30, 2010 - 9:35am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Paraplegia Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!