Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend during my fouth day of period,what should I do to avoid getting pregnant?

By Anonymous June 7, 2012 - 1:52am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

Dear Anon, 

If you had unprotected sex less than 72 hours ago you can take an over the counter emergency contraceptive (commonly known as Plan B or Next Choice). Please do not make a habit of taking these pills they are NOT meant to be birth control, but Emergency contraceptives. 

For future reference, speak to your doctor about a birth control method that is best for you and do not engage in unprotected sex unless you are ready for parenthood.

Good Luck,


June 7, 2012 - 5:33am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!