Facebook Pixel

It's hard for me to explain this..............

By January 11, 2012 - 6:59pm
Rate This

Hi, I know I have mentioned about breast pain in the past and I saw my oncologist yesterday and I was there for follow up from the breast ultrasound I had done in the morning. I told my doctor that I feel a lot of tightness in both my breasts from close to my nipple and all the way up to my chest and I mentioned that I feel like it's muscle pain.

I have such pain like this for more than two months now and today I was looking at the breast ultrasound films and the images I saw looks all stretched out, what I'm wondering from here is since the images look streched does it mean the muscles are pulled? I'm going to see my doctor for this next month and I will definitely mention this to him by showing the films to be sure about this. I want to know what do you think of such thing?

I feel so much tightness in my breasts and I feel like I should use bengay. For such matter do you think it's a good idea to see a physical therapist? Do they help with such matter like this?

Thank You,

Add a Comment5 Comments

I hope your not mad over me in bringing up the topic again and I'm really sorry about it. In such matter it's on my mind to see a physical therapist about it I just really wanted know if it makes sense to see one.


January 12, 2012 - 11:11am
(reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa,

By no means am I mad at you-- I just want you to get the best and most accurate information pertaining to your ultrasound results and health history. 

Physical therapy is a type of treatment you may need when health problems make it hard to move around and do everyday tasks. It helps you move better and may relieve pain. It also helps improve or restore your physical function and your fitness level.

The goal of physical therapy is to make daily tasks and activities easier. For example, it may help with walking, going up stairs, or getting in and out of bed.

Physical therapy can help with recovery after some surgeries. Your doctor may suggest physical therapy for injuries or long-term health problems such as:

I don't know if physical therapy may be an option for you but you can certainly ask your doctor.

Good Luck,


January 13, 2012 - 8:08am
(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Thanks for your reply. I am going to be seeing a physical therapist soon regarding what I explained about breast muscle pain. I'm thinking for such thing it might be related to my back problem because I have scoliosis. Hopefully nothing serious comes out since it's related to my breasts. When I called in to make appointment for physical therapy I mentioned my whole issue and told me physical therapy would be right for such thing.

When I came home and I saw my breast ultrasound films I realized the images looks stretched out. Do you think it means the muscles are pulled? I'm definitely going to mention all these to my doctor and I hope it all goes well.

Thank You,

January 13, 2012 - 1:36pm

Hi Melissa,

I believe I've told you before but we cannot help you with your more detailed and personal questions and yet you seem to not understand that. We have given you all general information and resources on your condition(s) and unfortunately, we cannot go beyond that-- it's simply out of our scope. 

You were at your doctors yesterday-- why did you not ask him this? You need to be an advocate for yourself-- take your time at your doctor's visit and ask him questions. As an online resource, we do not have access to your medical records or history. Even if we could see your ultrasound results, we wouldn't know how to interpret these as it takes a doctor to do so. Any and all questions that pertain to your condition must go to your doctor. Call him, email him, or set up another appointment but get all of your questions answered through the only person who can answer them.

Here's a link to some massage therapy you can perform on your tight pectoral muscles: http://www.livestrong.com/article/346730-massage-therapy-for-pectoral-muscles/


January 12, 2012 - 6:25am
(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Thanks for your reply. When I saw my doctor I didn't see the films until I came home it's when I realized this. I understand you don't give more information about it and I just wanted to ask you by explaining what it is so if you think for such matter if it's a good idea to see a physical therapist about it? For such thing I'm thinking a physical therapist might be helpful.

I definitely am an advocate for myself but I've been thinking of physical therapist for such matter and just to be sure if it sounds right to see one I thought I'd ask you if you think it makes sense to see one. Sorry for bringing up the topic again.

I know I asked alot about breast pain matters until I understood what's going on. Since mine is become a muscle problem I just wanted to know what you think of this. Thanks for your reply though.


January 12, 2012 - 11:06am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Breast Conditions

Get Email Updates

Breast Conditions Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!