Facebook Pixel

I've had my period for almost a year and I keep getting it like every week or so..What do I do?

By May 14, 2016 - 4:53am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
Any time you have frequent, prolonged or heavy bleeding, you need to see a gynecologist right away! Not only can it cause anemia, it is a sign that something serious is going on.
Causes of frequent bleeding include:
--ovarian fibroids, cysts, or polyps
--unknown cause of hormonal imbalance
--birth control
--Benign, or noncancerous, tumors in the uterus
--Benign growths in the uterine lining

I urge you to see a doctor as soon as possible. If you cannot see your gynecologist soon, I suggest you make an appointment with Planned Parenthood because faster.


May 14, 2016 - 8:18pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!