Facebook Pixel

looking for a Doctor that specilizes in "Pubis Symphysis Dysfunction" in the Phoenix Az. area

By July 16, 2010 - 7:31pm
Rate This

My daughter gave birth for her first time 3 months ago and is still suffering with pain due to her pelvic bone being seperated 61ml during birth. Can somebody please help me? thank you

Add a Comment3 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Was a specialist for this problem ever found? I am currently in Yuma, Arizona and suffering excruciating pubis symphysis dysfunction 3 months post partum. I've had an X-ray. There isn't a physical therapist here who specializes in pelvic work. I am willing to drive to Phoenix for treatment from a Doctor of osteopath.... Or any other recommended specialist. I just want my body back.

March 21, 2016 - 11:40pm
Expert HERWriter Guide Blogger

Hi Roy - I agree with Susan that your daughter needs to be under the care of a specialist, and that she likely would benefit from physical therapy. I was able to find some limited information about this, stating that treatment varies widely and depends on the woman's degree of pain and disability. Physical therapy treatment is sometimes used to provide exercises that can improve stability and reduce pain. PT is also strongly advised to help prevent increased disability and help speed postpartum recovery. Her physician/insurance plan should be able to provide recommendations, and you can also use the following link to local a local physical therapist. http://www.moveforwardpt.com/findapt/

If you run into problems please feel free to send me a direct, private message, and I will work with my own physical therapist to seek additional information and resources for you and your daughter.

Take care,

July 18, 2010 - 10:32am
EmpowHER Guest

Hi Roy,
It's Michelle. I just saw your ASK. Thanks for posting on the site. Susan, Roy and his family are dear friends of ours. Susan, we need all hands on deck for this one. Maybe some of the other moderators can research this as well. What we need is to know does she need a specialist? And I really want to find other women who've had this condition. We need to help his daughter. This has been nothing short of a nightmare for their family but especially their beautiful daughter. I hope Roy and or his daughter will one day share the
whole story on the site so other women who are pregnant can know what can happen during a delivery.
Let me contact a couple of our Medical Advisors to see who they might recommend she see. We'll do some digging to see what we can find. we need to find some other women who've had this to see what they did. I'll have someone tweet this and put it on our Facebook page as well. Also, I know our fearless community leader "T" will find some local resources. Will you please let her know to look at Roy's post?

This is such a great example of a father trying to advocate for his daughter. While her mother is helping take care of their new son.
We'll do everything we can to help you find some resources.

Best in health,

July 17, 2010 - 11:38am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Labor & Delivery

Get Email Updates

Labor & Delivery Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!