Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

My Fiance I think has premature ejaculation.. What can I do to help him with this? Or approach him about it?

By Anonymous January 3, 2012 - 11:40pm
Rate This

Add a Comment2 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

I am a urologist at a university medical group and we see PE patients more frequently than ED patients. For years our only option was SSRI’s (Paxil, Prozac, etc..), they worked but the side effects were horrific. Now we recommend Promescent to our patients. It is over the counter and it works with virtually no side effects. Many patients have had excellent results with it. There is also another similar product called Fortacin but it’s only available in Europe and it is prescription only.

April 6, 2018 - 5:50am

Hi Anon,

Thank you for posting. If your fiance ejaculates shortly after the beginning of intimacy, then he may have premature ejaculation. Does this seem to be bothering him? If not, then this could be a sensitive subject to bring up. Instead, what you can do, is suggest a starting and stopping method that will help him control the ejaculation. You can find more information on premature ejaculation here as well as the start/stop method: https://www.empowher.com/media/reference/premature-ejaculation



January 4, 2012 - 8:02am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Get Email Updates

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!