Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

My Girlfriend may have low testosterone?

By Anonymous August 1, 2012 - 9:39am
Rate This

I watched one of your videos online and it mentioned the symptoms of low testosterone and she fit most if not all of then, shes depressed (on meds) low sex drive, and a few others I cant recall.

I live in Phoenix Arizona, what kind of place would I go to get her tested and what should I look for in a good and reputable doctor/facility.


Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,


Welcome to EmpowHER.  It might be important for your girlfriend to see a specialist, such a Endocrinologist who specializes in the physiological function of hormones.  Through blood work they will be able to check all the important levels of hormones in her body.



You may be able to make a first-time check-up visit to become familiar with your new doctor's style and range of services.  Word of mouth is a very effective way to find a suitable physician.


Contact your local medical referral service. Many cities offer a medical referral service that will try to connect you with a doctor that practices in your part of town or who specializes in diseases with match your symptoms. 



August 1, 2012 - 11:04am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Sexual Health

Get Email Updates

Resource Centers

Related Checklists

Sexual Health Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!