Q: 

My period is really late but i've never had sex.

By Anonymous February 2, 2010 - 1:37am

I'm quite anxious because i've never been late in my life, i'm always early if anything, and i haven't had my period in about forty days. I'm really worried because i hadn't noticed but i weighed myself recently and i've gained a few pounds. I can't be pregnant right? I am a virgin. Thank you!

Anonymous

Hi I’m 14 my period always been on time or early I’ve never had actual sex but i am always horny and and seen this dildo after my last period left and i actually used it the following day after my period left. Now my period is late and I’m scared and idk what to do pleaseeeee help me.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

There is a risk of pregnancy when a woman has unprotected sexual intercourse with ejaculation that enters the vagina. You can't get pregnant from a dildo. It's not real (a human male penis).

It's a good idea to educate yourself about sex. There is information online, here on our EmpowHER website, and in books.

At 14 you are still growing, an occasional late or missed period is not uncommon.

Helena

Anonymous

I’m 16 years old and a virgin. My periods are usually once every two months, a little irregular. But I haven’t had a period in almost 9 months now and I’ve put on weight that I can’t seem to get off

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

It's never normal for your period to just stop. You need to see a doctor who can examine you and diagnose the reason for this.

Helena

Anonymous

I am 12 almost 13 and my period is always right on time I use a app and it says I was supposed to start on the 9th but it’s the 11th and I’m worried I’ve never had sex I’m scared of what’s wrong plz help me
In the 8th I barely ate anything but I have been regular after that is that what is wrong bc I have been eating regularly

Talk to a trusted adult about your concerns - EmpowHER is a site for those aged 13+.

Anonymous

Hello I'm 15 and I mostly start my periods the last week of the month and I haven't started, we are going to the next month now. I haven't start, but I have cramps. I have never had sex.

Hello Anon
You may have had imbalanced hormones this month - give yourself another two weeks to see what happens and if it still hasn't come, consider getting a blood test done to see if your hormones are out of order.

Anonymous

I am 13 years old but I haven't gotten my period in 30 days, usually my periods are late but not this much. I've been thinking of my eating habits and I realized I haven't been eating. At school you pay for your meals and I've been skipping nutrition and lunch since I don't have money. But can not eating really influence your period? I am extremely worried.

Hello Anon

You live in the USA - schools also allow a student to bring their own lunches. They have to, in order to cater to allergies, religious diets and other allowances. You will also qualify for free lunch -
by law.

Lack of nutrition can affect the cycle.