Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Now my daughter is 20 years old, but recently we came to know that she is having water in brain and that too from birth. How it can be treated?

By Anonymous September 8, 2017 - 7:12pm
Rate This

She is having some eye site problem also from childhood, this is known problem to us. She cannot behave like other girls even though she is 20 years. Is there any treatment to treat her or is it very complicated as she is having by birth? Please suggest.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello. Thank you for writing.

Hydrocephalus also called - water on the brain, is a build-up of fluid in the cavities deep within the brain. Treatment depends on the severity.
Often, a tube (shunt) inserted through a small hole in the skull to drain excess fluid and relieve pressure on the brain. Other treatments may include medication or surgery. This is something you need to discuss with your daughter's doctor.

Keep us updated.


September 9, 2017 - 4:33am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Water on the Brain

Get Email Updates

Water on the Brain Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!