period two days late, then only lasted two and a half days?

By March 31, 2017 - 8:29pm

My boyfriend and I recently had unprotected sex round the time I was ovulating. I was PMSing around a week before my period was supposed to come, and experienced some cramping a few days it was supposed to start. It only came 2 days after it was supposed to, and then only lasted 2.5 days. It was a heavy flow for the most of it, and I had some clots too. I didn't experience other symptoms though. Could I be pregnant/could this have been implantation spotting?

Hi, frenchie11.

Thank you for your question.

Implantation bleeding is normally very light spotting, brown or pinkish in color. It can last 1 or 2 days. It sounds as though you had your period, but not a typical one. If you are still concerned, take a home pregnancy test for peace of mind.