Period a week early

By February 19, 2017 - 5:55am

Hello I got my period a week early usually don't get it till the end of the month like the 24 or 26 I got it yesterday and it's heavy like a period I'm 23 and never experience an early period I'm scared should I be worried ?

Hi, Monetmiller.

Thank you for your post.

It's not unusual for a period to occasionally be late or even early. If the period is otherwise normal in flow and duration, I'd not be concerned. An early period can be caused by hormonal and/or lifestyle changes that disrupt the balance of your body. Hormones can become unbalanced by taking contraceptive pills, or emergency contraception. Stress or anxiety can release stress hormones that can alter your flow as well.