Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest


By Anonymous July 18, 2011 - 2:53am
Rate This

I had a pimple growing on my face and I tried to burst it before the white puss developed. It swolled up and had stayed that way for more than 5 years. what can I use to bring down the swelling.

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anon,

Thanks for your question!
Have you seen a dermatologist about this? I'm not sure this is related to the pimple that you had 5 years ago. It could be an ingrown hair or something known as a sebaceous or "Fatty" cyst. It's very common and non-cancerous but basically it looks like a lump under your skin. Depending on the location and its size, some doctor will opt to remove it with a simple surgical procedure that requires a local anesthetic. Please schedule an appointment with your dermatologist and keep us posted.


July 18, 2011 - 7:03am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.