Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Re:pylinidal cyst

By Anonymous March 8, 2014 - 11:17am
Rate This

I am 85 year old woman-- had surgery for pylinidal cyst at age 25. Never had problem since. However the area started to bother me lately and since i have IBS with frequent trips to bathroom I am concerned tht iii may have infection. Can't really be sure. What kind of doctor can i consult? Asked my GE doctor and he said it isn't. Don't have much confidence in him,Would sincerely appreciate yout help Thank you!!!

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER. You might want to discuss this with your primary care physician and he might have you take blood work or imaging test to know if you will need to see a specialist such as a surgeon.  Hope this was helpful?



March 8, 2014 - 8:16pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Pilonidal Cyst

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Pilonidal Cyst Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!