Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Should I go to the Hospital for my ovarian cyst?

By Anonymous January 30, 2013 - 10:36pm
Rate This

I am 17 years old and 13 days ago I was told I have an ovarian cyst. A month before I went to urgent care for sever pain in my abdomen during sex, after sex, and randomly throughout my daily routine. The doctor did a pelivic exam to check for any stds and gave me antibiotics for vaginitis. for the last 18 days I have had extream craps and sharp pains in my left side, which I found out is a cyst. I was suppose to get my period 21 days ago and finally got it today, and I am having the worst pains i have ever felt in my side and back. The doctor didnt tell me anything besides the cyst was on my left ovary and was "rather large" . He advised me to return to the hospital if the pain didnt go away in 7-10 days. I'm really worried about how serious it could get and any long term effects. I also want to know if my tilted uterus is factor in any way. Please help me.

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi Anon,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You need to go back to your doctor and preferable a specialist such as an OBGYN.  Explain how you still feel and discuss any questions you might have.  He might also suggest different types of imaging tests, to find the right treatment for you.



January 31, 2013 - 7:26am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Ovarian Cysts

Get Email Updates

Ovarian Cysts Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!