Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Should I see a doctor?

By Anonymous March 21, 2015 - 8:57pm
Rate This

Last month I got my period like normal. Only this time it was different it lasted 4 weeks. I had no cramps, no moodswings, nothing. For the first two days there was only spotting (which was odd). Then the remainder of the four weeks was medium to heavy flow and blood clots the ranging from the size of a quarter to a half dollar or bigger. It's only got a one week break from my cycle. It started again Friday. This time it was right straight to heavy flow. I'm feeling nauseous, and crampy. I'm not sexually active. I'm a college student, but not under stress. I actually enjoy my classes.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello and thank you for sharing your question.

Any time you have periods more frequently than 28 days a part you need to see a doctor.  Your case is especially urgent since you only have a week break between bleeding.  This is very dangerous and needs to be treated as soon as possible!


March 22, 2015 - 12:47am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!