Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Swelling and Pain

By Anonymous May 17, 2011 - 10:53am
Rate This

I have pain and swelling in my face in the area of the Parotid Gland and Temples Gland.What Cant I do to make the swelling and pain go away?

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anonymous,
Thank you for your question, and for finding EmpowHER. You definitely should give your dentist a call and schedule an appointment to get to the bottom of why it is inflamed. It could be infected, needing medication to help clear it up. You may be able to take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory, such as ibuprofen to help decrease some inflammation and pain. Ice also may help the area, but talk with your doctor to ensure proper treatment and avoid further complications.
Here is more information about possible treatments for salivary gland inflammation: Salivary Glad Infection Treatments
Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

May 17, 2011 - 11:06am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Salivary Gland Infection

Get Email Updates

Salivary Gland Infection Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!